MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker said his executive budget will include about $11 million to for two domestic abuse shelters.
The governor's office issued a statement Wednesday saying the budget will include $10.6 million to help build the Family Justice Center in Milwaukee. The center will provide shelter and social services for families trying to recover from domestic abuse.
The budget also will include $560,000 to help the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services Center in Madison build a new $5.8 million shelter facility.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn