MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker said his executive budget will include about $11 million to for two domestic abuse shelters.
The governor's office issued a statement Wednesday saying the budget will include $10.6 million to help build the Family Justice Center in Milwaukee. The center will provide shelter and social services for families trying to recover from domestic abuse.
The budget also will include $560,000 to help the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services Center in Madison build a new $5.8 million shelter facility.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say