MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker said his executive budget will include about $11 million to for two domestic abuse shelters.
The governor's office issued a statement Wednesday saying the budget will include $10.6 million to help build the Family Justice Center in Milwaukee. The center will provide shelter and social services for families trying to recover from domestic abuse.
The budget also will include $560,000 to help the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services Center in Madison build a new $5.8 million shelter facility.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land