MAPLEWOOD, Minn. - Scores of volunteers have resumed the search for Kira (Steger) Trevino, the missing St. Paul woman who was last seen alive four weeks ago and is presumed dead.
Kira Trevino is a native of central Wisconsin. She graduated from D.C. Everest High School in Schofield, Wis., and attended Middleton High School briefly in Middleton, Wis.
A Minneapolis Star Tribune report said about 100 people gathered Saturday morning to scour the area around Keller Lake in Maplewood. The region is less than two miles away from the rented house that the 30-year-old Trevino shared with her husband.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffery Trevino has been charged with his wife's murder after large amounts of blood were found in their home.
The efforts come one day after authorities announced that Kira Trevino's DNA was on a bloody pillow found during a search last weekend.
The search is scheduled to continue Sunday.
A prayer vigil was held for Kira Trevino in Wausau on March 1.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program