MADISON, Wis. - Volunteers are battling the heat and elements in a fundraising event for the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County.
CEO Michael Johnson is sweating it out spending up to 48 hours on the roof of a semitrailer in the Metcalfe's Market parking lot trying to raise $350,000.
Johnson and some of his friends from around the area are pedaling in place on the roof of the truck. The final push comes ahead of a big bike ride event Sunday.
"I'm trying to let people know about the Boys and Girls Club and the need that they have," said Tim Metcalfe, of Metcalfe's Market.Volunteers battle heat for fundraiser
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers
- Deputies: Couple caught stealing coats may be connected to other thefts