MADISON, Wis. - Volunteers are battling the heat and elements in a fundraising event for the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County.
CEO Michael Johnson is sweating it out spending up to 48 hours on the roof of a semitrailer in the Metcalfe's Market parking lot trying to raise $350,000.
Johnson and some of his friends from around the area are pedaling in place on the roof of the truck. The final push comes ahead of a big bike ride event Sunday.
"I'm trying to let people know about the Boys and Girls Club and the need that they have," said Tim Metcalfe, of Metcalfe's Market.Volunteers battle heat for fundraiser
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say