MADISON, Wis. - State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout's husband says she has been released from the hospital following a Sunday car accident that resulted in multiple fractures in her right arm.
Douglas Kane said Monday that Vinehout "seems to be doing quite well." Vinehout is a Democrat from Alma in western Wisconsin and is considering running for governor next year.
Vinehout was hurt Sunday morning following a crash in snowy weather in the Racine area where she was originally scheduled to hold meet-and-greet events with supporters.
Kane said he doesn't know details of what happened in the crash but he expects Vinehout to come to Eau Claire on Monday where she will likely have orthopedic surgery on her arm.
Numerous accidents were reported across southeast Wisconsin due to the snow.
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested