BROWN DEER, Wis. - The Village of Brown Deer said an independent investigator will review how police handled domestic violence incidents involving a man who later fatally shot his wife and two other women at a suburban spa.
Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said Friday the village has hired Wisconsin law enforcement instructor Robert Willis to review the police department's interactions with Radcliffe Haughton.
Haughton opened fire on Oct. 21 at the Brookfield spa where his wife, Zina Haughton, worked before killing himself.
Some Wisconsin lawmakers had accused the Brown Deer Police Department of allowing Haughton to elude accountability in his past run-ins with the agency.
In a statement, the police department says it welcomes the review and will cooperate fully.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire