JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police released a video Friday showing an officer pulling a suicidal woman sitting on the edge of a downtown building.
Police were called to 33 S. Main St. the night of April 8 for a report of a suicidal woman sitting on a roof ledge three stories up.
Police said an officer on the ground was talking with the woman while another officer found a way to the roof. The officer was wearing a body-worn camera when he quickly approached the woman and pulled her away from the ledge.
The video image and sound have been edited to protect the identity of the woman.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say