JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police released a video Friday showing an officer pulling a suicidal woman sitting on the edge of a downtown building.
Police were called to 33 S. Main St. the night of April 8 for a report of a suicidal woman sitting on a roof ledge three stories up.
Police said an officer on the ground was talking with the woman while another officer found a way to the roof. The officer was wearing a body-worn camera when he quickly approached the woman and pulled her away from the ledge.
The video image and sound have been edited to protect the identity of the woman.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors