A burst of winter weather led to several crashes Sunday morning on the eastern side of Wisconsin, including a pile-up involving at least 40 cars.
The pile-up on Highway 41/45 between Menomonee Falls and Germantown was caught on Department of Transportation traffic cameras.
Authorities say there were multiple injuries and a 63 year old man died in the crash.
The southbound lanes of the highway were shut down for hours as authorities worked to clear the accident scene.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police