A burst of winter weather led to several crashes Sunday morning on the eastern side of Wisconsin, including a pile-up involving at least 40 cars.
The pile-up on Highway 41/45 between Menomonee Falls and Germantown was caught on Department of Transportation traffic cameras.
Authorities say there were multiple injuries and a 63 year old man died in the crash.
The southbound lanes of the highway were shut down for hours as authorities worked to clear the accident scene.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two