MADISON, Wis. - A dramatic video shows what could have been a deadly crash involving a Madison metro bus and a bicyclist.
Police said Brenda Jensen's quick actions behind the wheel saved the life of a 23-year-old bicyclist.
Jensen, 49, slammed on the bus's brakes on her Regent Street route last month as the bicyclist rode right into her path.
Whitney Verdegan only suffered scrapes and bruises. She wasn't wearing a helmet and was ticketed for riding in front of the bus. Police said her mountain bike only had a bent brake.Video shows bus driver's actions prevented deadly crash
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement