SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police are looking for a man who burglarized numerous businesses between Tuesday night and Wednesday.
Police said the man forced entry into the businesses and, in most cases, took cash. In one case an iPad and iPhone were taken.
Lt. Brian Teasdale said six businesses had reported break-ins as of Friday morning. All the buildings were commercial, but he said there's no common thread between the types of businesses that were burglarized.
"It's a variety of businesses, anywhere from restaurants to automotive," Teasdale said.
The break-ins were in the following locations:
- Miller Custom Homes – 715 W. Main St #A
- Hirschinger Insurance – 715 W. Main St #B
- Bakke Chiropractic Clinic – 715 W. Main St.
- Chaussee Automotive LLC – 316 Linnerud Dr.
- Salvatore's Tomato Pies – 503 W. Main St.
- Sun Prairie Concrete – 315 Linnerud Dr.
The man is described as white, in his 40s or 50s, with a slender build and receding hairline. He was wearing glasses, dark-colored pants, a leather jacket, dark hooded sweatshirt underneath the jacket, and dark-colored gloves.
A video released by police Friday shows the burglar in action.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sun Prairie police at 837-7336 or text 847411. The tip line is 608-837-6300.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash