SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police are looking for a man who burglarized numerous businesses between Tuesday night and Wednesday.
Police said the man forced entry into the businesses and, in most cases, took cash. In one case an iPad and iPhone were taken.
Lt. Brian Teasdale said six businesses had reported break-ins as of Friday morning. All the buildings were commercial, but he said there's no common thread between the types of businesses that were burglarized.
"It's a variety of businesses, anywhere from restaurants to automotive," Teasdale said.
The break-ins were in the following locations:
- Miller Custom Homes – 715 W. Main St #A
- Hirschinger Insurance – 715 W. Main St #B
- Bakke Chiropractic Clinic – 715 W. Main St.
- Chaussee Automotive LLC – 316 Linnerud Dr.
- Salvatore's Tomato Pies – 503 W. Main St.
- Sun Prairie Concrete – 315 Linnerud Dr.
The man is described as white, in his 40s or 50s, with a slender build and receding hairline. He was wearing glasses, dark-colored pants, a leather jacket, dark hooded sweatshirt underneath the jacket, and dark-colored gloves.
A video released by police Friday shows the burglar in action.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sun Prairie police at 837-7336 or text 847411. The tip line is 608-837-6300.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike