BURLINGTON, Wis. - Walworth County sheriff's deputies have identified the victims in a plane crash Sunday just west of the Burlington airport that killed two people.
Authorities said Todd Parfitt, 50, of Antioch, IL, and his 14-year-old daughter Nicole died in the crash. Both occupants were ejected from the plane when it crashed.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Lynn Lunsford said the single-engine Grumman AA1 crashed while trying to land just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Lunsford said the Burlington airport has no control tower, and the pilot was not in contact with air-traffic controllers when the plane went down in a cornfield. It appears the pilot was attempting to land at the airport when the plane when down.
FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford says it's not immediately clear where the flight originated.
The National Transportation Safety Board will be in charge of the investigation and FAA investigators were en route Sunday evening.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers