BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police are seeking a man involved in an armed robbery at a downtown ATM Sunday.
The victim was using an ATM in the 400 block of Public Avenue at about 6 p.m. when a man with a handgun approached on foot and forced his way into the vehicle, according to police.
Investigators said the woman finished the withdrawal and was forced to drive to the intersection of College Street and Bushnell Avenue before being ordered out of the vehicle. The robber also took the woman's cash.
The man fled in the woman's vehicle and the vehicle was recovered Monday in the 400 block of Harrison Avenue.
The man is described as black, 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall with a slim build and wearing a black nylon jacket with a hooded sweatshirt underneath. The victim said the man had the hood pulled up and was wearing a covering over his face.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Beloit Police Department at 608-364-6801 or Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns