MADISON, Wis. - The name of the man who died after he was beaten downtown has been released.
Robert Kuntz, 61, was severely injured Tuesday morning when police said another man attacked him. Kuntz was taken to UW Hospital where he died a day later of blunt-force trauma, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's office on Friday afternoon.
Kuntz was found injured on North Pinckney Street across the street from the State Capitol, police said.
A Madison man, 32-year-old Justin T. Brooks, was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide in the case.
A police spokesman has said the attack was targeted. Police said Kuntz, who is homeless, was sleeping when Brooks allegedly began battering him.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists