EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Authorities say an Altoona man is suspected of killing a woman by strangling her and burning her body after they argued last weekend.
The 41-year-old man was in court Friday in connection with the death of Panhia Vue. They lived at the same address in Altoona, where Vue's body was discovered Tuesday.
The suspect is being held on a $500,000 cash bond in the Eau Claire County Jail on a preliminary charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
The Leader-Telegram reports he will be back in court for an initial appearance on Tuesday.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say