EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Authorities say an Altoona man is suspected of killing a woman by strangling her and burning her body after they argued last weekend.
The 41-year-old man was in court Friday in connection with the death of Panhia Vue. They lived at the same address in Altoona, where Vue's body was discovered Tuesday.
The suspect is being held on a $500,000 cash bond in the Eau Claire County Jail on a preliminary charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
The Leader-Telegram reports he will be back in court for an initial appearance on Tuesday.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial