MADISON, Wis. - Madison veterans are getting a big thank-you in the form of upgrades to the VFW facility.
The facility off Cottage Grove Road is getting a major makeover thanks to a radio contest.
The people at Post 7591 said they don't know what kind of changes will be done yet but they're letting Tri-State Concrete go to town.
Since they're getting help, that means they'll be able to give more help to veterans.
VFW Post Quartermaster Joe Ellis said the help means a lot because the building needed some upgrades they weren't able to make because of their commitment to veterans' families in the community.
"We'd just rather spend our money doing that than remodeling," said Ellis.
If all goes as planned, the new digs will be done on Aug. 17. The post plans on throwing a ribbon-cutting and pig roast to celebrate.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say