TOWN OF VERONA, Wis. - A 59-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of her fifth operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated offense around 1:40 p.m. on Friday.
Joy E. Himsel, of Verona, was arrested after an officer said he saw her slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle in the parking lot on the 500 block of West Verona Avenue, according to a release from Verona police.
The arrest is Himsel's fifth OWI arrest. She has four prior convictions, with two other OWI charges pending in Dane County, police said. If convicted, the incident will be tried as her seventh.
According to the release, a search warrant was issued and a sample of Himsel's blood was collected. It was sent to the state lab of hygiene for analysis.
Additional charges of a third offense operating with a revoked license and bail jumping will also be referred to the Dane County District Attorney, according to the release.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash