Verona, WI - Country View Elementary School, damaged in a June 17 storm, will be open for the first day of the new school year.
That according to the Verona Area School District website.
The remaining work to be done includes playground installation, roof installation, flooring, gym floor lines and finish as well as moving furniture back into the classrooms.
All of the work is expected to be completed by August 18.
Cost estimates for repairs to the building were estimated at $3-4 million, but an update on the final cost of the project will be available in a couple months once all construction invoices have been filed.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski