Verona, WI - Country View Elementary School, damaged in a June 17 storm, will be open for the first day of the new school year.
That according to the Verona Area School District website.
The remaining work to be done includes playground installation, roof installation, flooring, gym floor lines and finish as well as moving furniture back into the classrooms.
All of the work is expected to be completed by August 18.
Cost estimates for repairs to the building were estimated at $3-4 million, but an update on the final cost of the project will be available in a couple months once all construction invoices have been filed.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution