MADISON, Wis. - At least half of the construction work scheduled for the second phase of the Verona Road project has been delayed because of cuts to transportation funding in the state budget.
Project Communications Manager Steve Theisen confirmed to News 3 Wednesday that some of the phase two work planned for Verona Road from Raymond Road to Highway PD would still begin in the fall of 2016, but "due to funding reallocations," half the work scheduled for 2016 and 2017 has been delayed until 2019 and 2020.
The project is now scheduled for completion in 2021.
Theisen said the work to buy and relocate the Benjamin Plumbing building, located at the corner of Verona Road and Highway PD, is scheduled to be completed by Oct. 1, 2016.
A quarterly open house meeting on the project is scheduled for Thursday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the City of Fitchburg Fire Station.
- DOJ asks to keep Brendan Dassey locked up
- Fabric tears caused blimp to go down near U.S. Open, NTSB report says
- State DOJ denies group's request for swag costs
- K-9's sniff leads to 2 drug arrests in Richland County, sheriff says
- Boater dead, 2 hurt in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- LIST: Area fireworks celebrations set for 2017 Fourth of July