MADISON, Wis. - A portion of Verona Road will close overnight Monday, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Traffic from Verona Road will not be able to pass under the Beltline bridge and will instead be directed onto the Beltline, DOT officials said in a news release. Traffic from the westbound Beltline will be able to turn left onto Verona Road, the DOT said.
The Verona Road closure will run from 10 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday, officials said.
The closure is part of the larger reconstruction of the intersection with the Beltline, which DOT officials said is expected to be completed in mid-November. A third lane in each direction on the Beltline is expected to open in early November.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash