MADISON, Wis. - A portion of Verona Road will close overnight Monday, according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Traffic from Verona Road will not be able to pass under the Beltline bridge and will instead be directed onto the Beltline, DOT officials said in a news release. Traffic from the westbound Beltline will be able to turn left onto Verona Road, the DOT said.
The Verona Road closure will run from 10 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday, officials said.
The closure is part of the larger reconstruction of the intersection with the Beltline, which DOT officials said is expected to be completed in mid-November. A third lane in each direction on the Beltline is expected to open in early November.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations