MADISON, Wis. - A lot of parents don't believe that teens are more likely to be victims of domestic abuse, but that's why Verizon Wireless gave $30,000 to the group End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin on Tuesday.
People from age 16-24 experience the highest rate of intimate violence, which is way above the national average.
Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said it's important to break the cycle at an early age.
"Many of our adult crimes committed against youth are committed by people who are abused by one form or another when they were youth themselves," Van Hollen said.
Van Hollen went on to say that this is an issue that basically lacks attention from government agencies, and needs more help and community partners, like businesses and nonprofits.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom