MADISON, Wis. - A man was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital after his vehicle sideswiped a tractor-trailer, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 west of Cadiz Springs Road in the town of Cadiz at 3:16 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of an injury crash.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Allen Matthew Petro II, 20, of Browntown, was traveling west on Highway 11 when the vehicle went left of the center line and sideswiped the eastbound tractor-trailer.
Pedro was taken to Monroe Hospital and flown to UW Hospital for treatment of serious injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt, according to deputies.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, David Michael Gigaroa, 46, of Sioux City, Iowa, was not injured.
The Browntown Fire Department, Monroe EMS and Wisconsin State Patrol assisted at the scene.
Deputies said citations are pending.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms