MADISON, Wis. - A man was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital after his vehicle sideswiped a tractor-trailer, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 west of Cadiz Springs Road in the town of Cadiz at 3:16 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of an injury crash.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Allen Matthew Petro II, 20, of Browntown, was traveling west on Highway 11 when the vehicle went left of the center line and sideswiped the eastbound tractor-trailer.
Pedro was taken to Monroe Hospital and flown to UW Hospital for treatment of serious injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt, according to deputies.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, David Michael Gigaroa, 46, of Sioux City, Iowa, was not injured.
The Browntown Fire Department, Monroe EMS and Wisconsin State Patrol assisted at the scene.
Deputies said citations are pending.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case