TOWN OF ROXBURY, Wis. - Three people were injured when a vehicle was rear-ended while slowing down to avoid striking horses in the roadway, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to U.S. Highway 12 just north of County Road Y in the town of Roxbury at about 8 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Cosmeka Moore, 31 of Baraboo, and her passenger Lavander Moore, 34 of Rockford, Ill., were traveling on Highway 12 when Moore noticed two horses in the median. As she slowed down to avoid hitting the horses, she was rear-ended by vehicle driven by Angela M. Ruskowsky, 34 of Baraboo.
All three people involved in the crash were transported by ambulance to a hospital with minor injuries.
Ruskowsky was cited on suspicion of following too close.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike