TOWN OF ROXBURY, Wis. - Three people were injured when a vehicle was rear-ended while slowing down to avoid striking horses in the roadway, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to U.S. Highway 12 just north of County Road Y in the town of Roxbury at about 8 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Cosmeka Moore, 31 of Baraboo, and her passenger Lavander Moore, 34 of Rockford, Ill., were traveling on Highway 12 when Moore noticed two horses in the median. As she slowed down to avoid hitting the horses, she was rear-ended by vehicle driven by Angela M. Ruskowsky, 34 of Baraboo.
All three people involved in the crash were transported by ambulance to a hospital with minor injuries.
Ruskowsky was cited on suspicion of following too close.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls