TOWN OF ROXBURY, Wis. - Three people were injured when a vehicle was rear-ended while slowing down to avoid striking horses in the roadway, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to U.S. Highway 12 just north of County Road Y in the town of Roxbury at about 8 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said Cosmeka Moore, 31 of Baraboo, and her passenger Lavander Moore, 34 of Rockford, Ill., were traveling on Highway 12 when Moore noticed two horses in the median. As she slowed down to avoid hitting the horses, she was rear-ended by vehicle driven by Angela M. Ruskowsky, 34 of Baraboo.
All three people involved in the crash were transported by ambulance to a hospital with minor injuries.
Ruskowsky was cited on suspicion of following too close.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say