MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - A Mount Horeb man was arrested Sunday after a vehicle pursuit with police.
Police said Jason Sunby, 27, was taken into custody early Sunday morning after he failed to stop for a speeding violation on Highway 18/151.
When Mount Horeb police tried to stop the speeding vehicle, they said Sunby sped southbound on Eighth Street, reaching about 80 miles per hour. When Sunby attempted to turn left on Spellman Street, his car instead went into a vacant lot before returning to Eighth Street, spinning around and finally stopping, said police.
After a field sobriety test, Sunby was charged with a fourth offense felony Operating While Intoxicated. Police also charged Sunby with felony eluding, failure to have control and unreasonable and imprudent speed.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire