MADISON, Wis. - All westbound lanes of the Beltline, starting at Seminole Highway, were closed due to a vehicle fire Thursday night.
Officials said the call reporting a vehicle fire came in at 5:13 p.m. Thursday.
Vehicles were backed up as far as the Monona Drive exit, and the State Patrol was notified that the back-up may reach the Interstate
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said all lanes were reopened at 6:07 p.m., and that before the lanes were reopened traffic was being diverted off on Todd Drive.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel3000.com for information as it become available.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry