MADISON, Wis. - All westbound lanes of the Beltline, starting at Seminole Highway, were closed due to a vehicle fire Thursday night.
Officials said the call reporting a vehicle fire came in at 5:13 p.m. Thursday.
Vehicles were backed up as far as the Monona Drive exit, and the State Patrol was notified that the back-up may reach the Interstate
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said all lanes were reopened at 6:07 p.m., and that before the lanes were reopened traffic was being diverted off on Todd Drive.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV and Channel3000.com for information as it become available.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes