MADISON, Wis. - A suspected drunken driver drove into the path of a minivan carrying two children Tuesday afternoon, according to Madison police.
Witnesses told police the van was traveling west on Milwaukee Street when a car attempted to turn left from the eastbound lanes to North Walbridge Avenue, striking the minivan.
Police said both vehicles sustained significant damage. No one was injured.
Mary A. Enders, 61, of Madison was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while under the influence and failure to yield at a left turn. Police said a breath test showed her blood alcohol content was at 0.24.Madison crime map
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline