MADISON, Wis. - A suspected drunken driver drove into the path of a minivan carrying two children Tuesday afternoon, according to Madison police.
Witnesses told police the van was traveling west on Milwaukee Street when a car attempted to turn left from the eastbound lanes to North Walbridge Avenue, striking the minivan.
Police said both vehicles sustained significant damage. No one was injured.
Mary A. Enders, 61, of Madison was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while under the influence and failure to yield at a left turn. Police said a breath test showed her blood alcohol content was at 0.24.Madison crime map
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US