MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police are reminding residents and visitors of possible delays on Badger football game days.
Close to 100,000 people head to downtown Madison to cheer on the Badgers on game day, and officials are reminding residents and visitors to give themselves extra time to get around.
In addition to Badger game day traffic, thousands will be in Madison this weekend for Ironman, which takes place on Sunday.
UWPD officials said some items are not allowed inside Camp Randall Stadium, including bags larger than 8.5 inches by 11 inches, food, beverages, containers, strollers, umbrellas, flags, banners, signs, inflatables, noisemakers, laser pointers and weapons.
Gates will open an hour and a half before kick-off, and spectators should enter the stadium using the gate number printed on their ticket, authorities said.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says