MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police are reminding residents and visitors of possible delays on Badger football game days.
Close to 100,000 people head to downtown Madison to cheer on the Badgers on game day, and officials are reminding residents and visitors to give themselves extra time to get around.
In addition to Badger game day traffic, thousands will be in Madison this weekend for Ironman, which takes place on Sunday.
UWPD officials said some items are not allowed inside Camp Randall Stadium, including bags larger than 8.5 inches by 11 inches, food, beverages, containers, strollers, umbrellas, flags, banners, signs, inflatables, noisemakers, laser pointers and weapons.
Gates will open an hour and a half before kick-off, and spectators should enter the stadium using the gate number printed on their ticket, authorities said.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire