MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police said they are continuing to investigate a reported sexual assault, but they are no longer looking for the alleged perpetrator.
Investigators said both people involved in the incident know each other, therefore police are no longer looking for the person involved.
UWPD originally reported that officers were dispatched to a residence hall around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, officials said.
According to the release, the assault did not happen at a residence hall, and there is not a threat to the community.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game