MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police said they are continuing to investigate a reported sexual assault, but they are no longer looking for the alleged perpetrator.
Investigators said both people involved in the incident know each other, therefore police are no longer looking for the person involved.
UWPD originally reported that officers were dispatched to a residence hall around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, officials said.
According to the release, the assault did not happen at a residence hall, and there is not a threat to the community.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral