MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police said they are continuing to investigate a reported sexual assault, but they are no longer looking for the alleged perpetrator.
Investigators said both people involved in the incident know each other, therefore police are no longer looking for the person involved.
UWPD originally reported that officers were dispatched to a residence hall around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday, officials said.
According to the release, the assault did not happen at a residence hall, and there is not a threat to the community.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes