MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Madison police are asking for the public's help in finding a person of interest in a theft and fraud case, according to a release.
A woman told police her wallet went missing at a UW men's hockey game Dec. 13, officials said. She does not know if the wallet fell out of her purse or if it was taken.
When the woman went to cancel her credit card the next day there were several hundred dollars charged to her card from several Madison-area stores, according to the release.
UW police were able to identify the person of interest through video surveillance. Officials ask anyone who has information about the crime or the person pictured to call UW police at 608-264-2677.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says