MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Madison police are asking for the public's help in finding a person of interest in a theft and fraud case, according to a release.
A woman told police her wallet went missing at a UW men's hockey game Dec. 13, officials said. She does not know if the wallet fell out of her purse or if it was taken.
When the woman went to cancel her credit card the next day there were several hundred dollars charged to her card from several Madison-area stores, according to the release.
UW police were able to identify the person of interest through video surveillance. Officials ask anyone who has information about the crime or the person pictured to call UW police at 608-264-2677.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire