MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Madison police said taggers have caused more than $1,500 in damage to Picnic Point.
UWPD was contacted by campus staff on Wednesday about graffiti at Picnic Point, according to a release.
Officers said there are multiple tags sprayed on one of the fire pits.
Damage is estimated to be more than $1,500.
Police believe the tagging happened sometime between Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon.
Officials ask anyone with information or anyone who saw anything suspicious in the Picnic Point area during that time to call UWPD at 608-264-COPS.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say