MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin Police Department captain has been fired amidst an internal investigation, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes has been with the department since March 1996, and was terminated Wednesday, UWPD spokesperson Marc Lovicott said.
Lovicott said Ystenes was terminated for violations of department policies that they became aware of a few weeks ago.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
Ystenes was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land