MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin Police Department captain has been fired amidst an internal investigation, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes has been with the department since March 1996, and was terminated Wednesday, UWPD spokesperson Marc Lovicott said.
Lovicott said Ystenes was terminated for violations of department policies that they became aware of a few weeks ago.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
Ystenes was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race