MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin Police Department captain has been fired amidst an internal investigation, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes has been with the department since March 1996, and was terminated Wednesday, UWPD spokesperson Marc Lovicott said.
Lovicott said Ystenes was terminated for violations of department policies that they became aware of a few weeks ago.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
Ystenes was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart