MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin Police Department captain has been fired amidst an internal investigation, officials said.
Capt. Peter Ystenes has been with the department since March 1996, and was terminated Wednesday, UWPD spokesperson Marc Lovicott said.
Lovicott said Ystenes was terminated for violations of department policies that they became aware of a few weeks ago.
Lovicott declined to comment on the investigation related to misuse of camera and computer equipment until it is complete.
Ystenes was part of the UW Threat Assessment Team.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them