MADISON, Wis. - Young Badger fans got the opportunity to meet the University of Wisconsin's women's hockey team Sunday.
UW-Madison's Athletic Department and Madison Parks teamed up to provide a day of ice skating with the women's hockey team at Vilas Park. Coaches and members of the team interacted with kids and their parents at the event.
Goalie Alex Rigsby said the event gives the team an opportunity to get closer to their fans.
"It's a more personal experience than just going to a game and watching," Rigsby said. "You get to come here and meet the team and just skate around with them."
The third annual event drew a large crowd of Badger fans. Admission was free and skate rental was available at Vilas Park.
The Badgers are also looking forward to the upcoming Ice Hunger Games, a series of games that serve as a fundraising event to donate food to the Second Harvest Food Bank. The games take place on Jan. 27 and Feb. 16.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend