MADISON, Wis. - Young Badger fans got the opportunity to meet the University of Wisconsin's women's hockey team Sunday.
UW-Madison's Athletic Department and Madison Parks teamed up to provide a day of ice skating with the women's hockey team at Vilas Park. Coaches and members of the team interacted with kids and their parents at the event.
Goalie Alex Rigsby said the event gives the team an opportunity to get closer to their fans.
"It's a more personal experience than just going to a game and watching," Rigsby said. "You get to come here and meet the team and just skate around with them."
The third annual event drew a large crowd of Badger fans. Admission was free and skate rental was available at Vilas Park.
The Badgers are also looking forward to the upcoming Ice Hunger Games, a series of games that serve as a fundraising event to donate food to the Second Harvest Food Bank. The games take place on Jan. 27 and Feb. 16.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK