MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Chancellor Richard Telfer will serve as interim UW System president when current president Kevin Reilly leaves at the end of the year.
"Chancellor Telfer came up through the ranks as a faculty member, administrator, and academic leader. He understands the UW System and the complex issues we're facing," said Michael J. Falbo, president of the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
Telfer said he was honored to help the UW System through the transition period.
UW-Whitewater Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Bev Kopper will serve as interim chancellor.
Reilly has been the UW System president since 2004. He will begin his new position advising the American Council on Education in January 2014.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns