MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Chancellor Richard Telfer will serve as interim UW System president when current president Kevin Reilly leaves at the end of the year.
"Chancellor Telfer came up through the ranks as a faculty member, administrator, and academic leader. He understands the UW System and the complex issues we're facing," said Michael J. Falbo, president of the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
Telfer said he was honored to help the UW System through the transition period.
UW-Whitewater Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Bev Kopper will serve as interim chancellor.
Reilly has been the UW System president since 2004. He will begin his new position advising the American Council on Education in January 2014.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry