MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin commencement ceremonies will be combined into one large ceremony at Camp Randall Stadium next spring, according to UW officials.
The ceremony will bring together the class of 2014 for the first time since the Chancellor's Convocation for New Students.
"Sitting alongside your entire graduating class will be a really powerful experience," said Class President Joe Meeker. "Regardless of your major, school, or college, commencement is an opportunity to think about the time we've shared with all our fellow Badgers, and there's no better place to reflect on that than inside Camp Randall."
It is hoped that merging the ceremonies will bring a prominent speaker to campus for the occasion.
Commencement is scheduled for May 17 at noon.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees