MADISON, Wis. - The Center for World University Rankings has ranked the University of Wisconsin as the 25th-best university in the world.
The rankings are based on eight criteria, including quality of education, alumni employment, quality of faculty, publications, influence, citations, broad impact and patents.
While the 2,000-university list has schools from all over the world, eight of the top 10 universities are in the U.S.
The ranking lists UW as the 18th best university in the country, the 21st in the world for publications and the 23rd in the world for citations.
Other universities in Wisconsin on the list include the Medical College of Wisconsin at No. 293 and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at No. 537.
The CWUR is based in Saudi Arabia.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say