MADISON, Wis. - The Center for World University Rankings has ranked the University of Wisconsin as the 25th-best university in the world.
The rankings are based on eight criteria, including quality of education, alumni employment, quality of faculty, publications, influence, citations, broad impact and patents.
While the 2,000-university list has schools from all over the world, eight of the top 10 universities are in the U.S.
The ranking lists UW as the 18th best university in the country, the 21st in the world for publications and the 23rd in the world for citations.
Other universities in Wisconsin on the list include the Medical College of Wisconsin at No. 293 and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at No. 537.
The CWUR is based in Saudi Arabia.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later