MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police are looking for victims of a student they say used Craiglist to try to extort sexual favors from women.
Police said Devan McCambridge, 19, of Saukville, would pose as a woman on Craigslist to ask other women for personal information and explicit photos. He would then threaten to post the information and photos if they didn't do what he asked.
A police spokesperson said McCambridge also posed as men and targeted men.
UW police said they worked with a victim to arrange a meeting with McCambridge and arrest him. He was arrested on May 3 on suspicion of third-degree sexual assault and threatening a victim.
Police said they believe there are other victims. They ask those who believe they might be victims to call police at 608-264-2677.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving