MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police are looking for victims of a student they say used Craiglist to try to extort sexual favors from women.
Police said Devan McCambridge, 19, of Saukville, would pose as a woman on Craigslist to ask other women for personal information and explicit photos. He would then threaten to post the information and photos if they didn't do what he asked.
A police spokesperson said McCambridge also posed as men and targeted men.
UW police said they worked with a victim to arrange a meeting with McCambridge and arrest him. He was arrested on May 3 on suspicion of third-degree sexual assault and threatening a victim.
Police said they believe there are other victims. They ask those who believe they might be victims to call police at 608-264-2677.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick