MADISON, Wis. - UW-Madison police are issuing a warning to the university's community because of a sexual assault.
Police said a victim was assaulted in the 700 block of W. Dayton Street at around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
The victim was able to escape from the suspect. Police issued a description as a man in his twenties, 6'3" inches tall, with a goatee and mustache. He was wearing a gray UW-Madison sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Police are asking anyone with information to call 608-264-COPS (2677).
UW officials recommend students and staff to be aware of their surroundings, especially at night. You can take advantage of the University Safe Walk services, where someone will meet you and walk with you to your destination. Call 262-5000 to request that service.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire