MADISON, Wis. - UW-Madison police are issuing a warning to the university's community because of a sexual assault.
Police said a victim was assaulted in the 700 block of W. Dayton Street at around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
The victim was able to escape from the suspect. Police issued a description as a man in his twenties, 6'3" inches tall, with a goatee and mustache. He was wearing a gray UW-Madison sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Police are asking anyone with information to call 608-264-COPS (2677).
UW officials recommend students and staff to be aware of their surroundings, especially at night. You can take advantage of the University Safe Walk services, where someone will meet you and walk with you to your destination. Call 262-5000 to request that service.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1