CURTISS, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin-Madison graduate who sacrificed attending her graduation to be at the competition was named Alice in Dairyland 2014, according to a release.
Zoey Leigh Brooks, 22, of Waupaca, was selected Saturday night out of five other finalists, officials said.
Brooks grew up on her family's sixth-generation dairy and grain farm, according to the release. She graduated with a degree in animal science, but did not participate in the ceremony so she could compete in the competition in Clark County.
She has previously worked as an intern with the Food Export Association of the Midwest and with UW-Extension, officials said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK