CURTISS, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin-Madison graduate who sacrificed attending her graduation to be at the competition was named Alice in Dairyland 2014, according to a release.
Zoey Leigh Brooks, 22, of Waupaca, was selected Saturday night out of five other finalists, officials said.
Brooks grew up on her family's sixth-generation dairy and grain farm, according to the release. She graduated with a degree in animal science, but did not participate in the ceremony so she could compete in the competition in Clark County.
She has previously worked as an intern with the Food Export Association of the Midwest and with UW-Extension, officials said.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids