MADISON, Wis. - Student and season ticket holders for University of Wisconsin football will be getting concession stand vouchers, officials said.
UW students will get a $5 gift card if they redeem their ticket voucher at Saturday's game by 2 p.m., officials said. Season ticket holders got a $10 voucher in mail within the last week.
Officials said the gift cards are not directly because of the issues at concession stands in August but the vouchers and gift cards are for concession stand food.
Associate Athletic Director for External Relations Justin Doherty said the vouchers and gift cards are being distributed as a thank you to fans and to encourage fans to try the new vendors' food offerings.
The cards and vouchers are good for concessions at UW sports locations through the end of the football season.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire