Gary Andersen coached some kids off the field to help them be fit for life Wednesday.
The University of Wisconsin football coach is teaming up with local Subway restaurants to talk to students about the importance of getting into healthy habits early.
Andersen asked students at the Core Knowledge Charter School in Verona to track their healthy eating and activities.
"It's great for me. I'm excited about it. We talk to our kids about it all the time, about eat, sleep and train. That's not just a football standpoint, that's in life," said Andersen.
Tracking forms can be picked up at Subways across the Madison area.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says