Gary Andersen coached some kids off the field to help them be fit for life Wednesday.
The University of Wisconsin football coach is teaming up with local Subway restaurants to talk to students about the importance of getting into healthy habits early.
Andersen asked students at the Core Knowledge Charter School in Verona to track their healthy eating and activities.
"It's great for me. I'm excited about it. We talk to our kids about it all the time, about eat, sleep and train. That's not just a football standpoint, that's in life," said Andersen.
Tracking forms can be picked up at Subways across the Madison area.
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says