MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin employee died after a lift fell on top of him Tuesday afternoon, according to UW police.
Police said a repairman working at the Arts Loft Building at 111. N. Frances St. was injured when an outdoor lift fell on top of him a little before 2 p.m. Tuesday.
It's not known if the accident is due to mechanical failure or human error.
The Madison Fire Department was called to extricate the man and take him to a hospital.
UW police are investigating the incident.
The victim's name is likely to be released Wednesday, after an autopsy, according to UW police.UW employee dies in accident involving lift
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI