MADISON, Wis. - A University of Wisconsin employee died after a lift fell on top of him Tuesday afternoon, according to UW police.
Police said a repairman working at the Arts Loft Building at 111. N. Frances St. was injured when an outdoor lift fell on top of him a little before 2 p.m. Tuesday.
It's not known if the accident is due to mechanical failure or human error.
The Madison Fire Department was called to extricate the man and take him to a hospital.
UW police are investigating the incident.
The victim's name is likely to be released Wednesday, after an autopsy, according to UW police.UW employee dies in accident involving lift
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall