The movie "Martian" is based on a novel where an astronaut was mistakenly presumed dead and left behind on a mission to Mars. He fights to survive by growing plants on the red planet, which is a concept UW botanist Simon Gilroy says is based on real science.
- State sues Milwaukee stores over synthetic marijuana
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after former state governor
- Teacher suspended over documentary returns to work
- 70-year-old Madison man, cops return young tourist's purse full of cash
- Cigarette look-alike cigars likely to get tax increase
- UW Health water aerobics class for deaf people breaks down barriers