The movie "Martian" is based on a novel where an astronaut was mistakenly presumed dead and left behind on a mission to Mars. He fights to survive by growing plants on the red planet, which is a concept UW botanist Simon Gilroy says is based on real science.
- Soglin challenges vandal to come forward at vigil in James Madison Park
- Thefts leave food cart owners out thousands of dollars
- Jewish community responds to ant-Semitic graffiti
- Suspected 7-Eleven shooter reportedly chokes deputy in elevator, raising jail safety concerns
- UW student releases graphic video portraying officer being beheaded
- Special coverage: Experts answer Equifax hack questions