MADISON, Wis. - Updates to the Channel 3000 app brings design changes for Android and iOS users and an improved weather section for all users.
Android users might have seen the new version of the app a few weeks ago. The iOS version was just made available in the app store. If you're not seeing the new app, check your phone's app updates.
On iOS, we improved the story hierarchy and made it easier to use our school closings/delays feature.
On Android, users will notice a gray background to make reading stories easier and a new story listings view with larger images.
All users will notice numerous improvements to our weather section. We've improved the radar and included a link to the radar images users are used to finding on our site.
Users can now also see the popular seven day forecast from the News 3 Weather team in the "Forecast" section.
In the "More" section, users will find a link to additional radar images, a form to submit weather pictures, local weather photo galleries and links to weather-related stories.
When the weather gets rough, the weather section will expand with additional coverage for severe weather and snow storms.
As with the rest of the app, look for more enhancements in the coming months. Our developers are working hard on new features that we're looking forward to bringing to our app users.
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water