BELOIT, Wis. - According to a report from the Beloit Police Department, the deceased victim of the shooting at Summit Park in Beloit has been positively identified.
His name is Jose Carruthers-Paramo, 16, from Beloit.
On Saturday, around 8:40 p.m., Beloit police were dispatched to reports of shots fired at Summit Park at 1218 Henry Avenue, according to a release.
When police got to the scene, they reported seeing a large crowd trying to get out of the area, officials said.
The second shooting victim's medical condition has not allowed him to be interviewed by detectives. His identity will not be released until he can be spoken with.
The third shooting victim has been identified as a 14-year-old female from Beloit, police report.
The victim who had been reported injured during the incident and treated at Beloit Memorial hospital has been identified as Robert Brandon, age 20 from Madison.
The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.
Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to contact the Beloit Police Department at 608-364-6801 or the Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in