BELOIT, Wis. - According to a report from the Beloit Police Department, the deceased victim of the shooting at Summit Park in Beloit has been positively identified.
His name is Jose Carruthers-Paramo, 16, from Beloit.
On Saturday, around 8:40 p.m., Beloit police were dispatched to reports of shots fired at Summit Park at 1218 Henry Avenue, according to a release.
When police got to the scene, they reported seeing a large crowd trying to get out of the area, officials said.
The second shooting victim's medical condition has not allowed him to be interviewed by detectives. His identity will not be released until he can be spoken with.
The third shooting victim has been identified as a 14-year-old female from Beloit, police report.
The victim who had been reported injured during the incident and treated at Beloit Memorial hospital has been identified as Robert Brandon, age 20 from Madison.
The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.
Police ask anyone with information about the shooting to contact the Beloit Police Department at 608-364-6801 or the Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Hundreds sign student-led petition to change Madison high school name
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program