MADISON, Wis. - Investors around the country are being solicited to buy six hot air balloons along with their equipment to benefit the customers of the now-defunct Great American Balloon Company.
A News3 investigation discovered there are several hundred customers across Wisconsin, Illinois and Florida who have been victimized by the balloon company.
Customers have complained about buying tickets and not being able to fly for two-plus years because of excuses put forward by the Great American Balloon Company.
The company handling the liquidation of its assets, primarily its six hot air balloons, is asking for initial bids by Sept. 10. Qualified bidders will take part in an auction two days later.
The money raised will go to pay off ticket holders.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike