MADISON, Wis. - Investors around the country are being solicited to buy six hot air balloons along with their equipment to benefit the customers of the now-defunct Great American Balloon Company.
A News3 investigation discovered there are several hundred customers across Wisconsin, Illinois and Florida who have been victimized by the balloon company.
Customers have complained about buying tickets and not being able to fly for two-plus years because of excuses put forward by the Great American Balloon Company.
The company handling the liquidation of its assets, primarily its six hot air balloons, is asking for initial bids by Sept. 10. Qualified bidders will take part in an auction two days later.
The money raised will go to pay off ticket holders.
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say