MADISON, Wis. - Investors around the country are being solicited to buy six hot air balloons along with their equipment to benefit the customers of the now-defunct Great American Balloon Company.
A News3 investigation discovered there are several hundred customers across Wisconsin, Illinois and Florida who have been victimized by the balloon company.
Customers have complained about buying tickets and not being able to fly for two-plus years because of excuses put forward by the Great American Balloon Company.
The company handling the liquidation of its assets, primarily its six hot air balloons, is asking for initial bids by Sept. 10. Qualified bidders will take part in an auction two days later.
The money raised will go to pay off ticket holders.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls