MENOMINEE, Mich. - A western Upper Peninsula man was jailed after authorities found several explosive devices in a Menominee apartment building.
Menominee County prosecutor Dan Hass told the Eagle-Herald of Marinette, Wis., that the 51-year-old man could be charged Saturday and arraigned as early as Monday.
At least five devices were found by police Friday afternoon after a search of the man's apartment. Neighbors in the 8-unit building were notified, but an evacuation was not ordered.
A bomb squad was called in late Friday night.
Police were notified Thursday of threats apparently made to the man's wife.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs