MADISON, Wis. - The United Way Volunteer Center Holiday Wish List makes it easy to help others this holiday season.
All types of nonprofit agencies from across Dane County are looking for assistance through this special collection of holiday-related volunteer and donation opportunities.
"There's organizations that serve seniors, that serve children, that serve the homeless population, definitely a lot of churches need help in their soup kitchens, food pantries are extremely taxed during this time, people need extra food, they have family in town," explained Wish List coordinator Victoria Budynsky.17709298
Those looking to volunteer or donate can make a difference in the life of a child, family, older adult, organization, or individual in Dane County during the holiday season. Inside the wish list is exactly what each agency is hoping to receive -– including volunteer service, food, toys and gifts, clothing and personal items, decorations and more.
You can find the Wish List here or the Volunteer Center can be contacted at (608) 246-4380 for those who would like a paper copy.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'