MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man was arrested after police said he punched another man at a downtown bar.
In a news release, police said Tristan Simpson punched a 19-year-old man five or six times and knocked him to the floor at State Street Brats early Friday morning.
Police said Simpson left the bar and was found a short distance away. He ran from officers until he collided with a State Street Brats employee, who had come outside after the incident, police said.
Simpson was arrested and charged with battery and resisting, and he was also cited for underage drinking, police said. The victim was not seriously hurt.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants