MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man was arrested after police said he punched another man at a downtown bar.
In a news release, police said Tristan Simpson punched a 19-year-old man five or six times and knocked him to the floor at State Street Brats early Friday morning.
Police said Simpson left the bar and was found a short distance away. He ran from officers until he collided with a State Street Brats employee, who had come outside after the incident, police said.
Simpson was arrested and charged with battery and resisting, and he was also cited for underage drinking, police said. The victim was not seriously hurt.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers