MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man was arrested after police said he punched another man at a downtown bar.
In a news release, police said Tristan Simpson punched a 19-year-old man five or six times and knocked him to the floor at State Street Brats early Friday morning.
Police said Simpson left the bar and was found a short distance away. He ran from officers until he collided with a State Street Brats employee, who had come outside after the incident, police said.
Simpson was arrested and charged with battery and resisting, and he was also cited for underage drinking, police said. The victim was not seriously hurt.
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI