MADISON, Wis. - Money may be waiting for you, and you don't even know it.
Across the United States, there is roughly $58 billion in unclaimed money and property located in treasuries.
The funds come from forgotten bank accounts, stock holdings, pensions and life insurance payouts.
A Connecticut resident claimed nearly $33 million from an old stock sale.
Links to Wisconsin's treasury search website and national websites can be found below to look for funds.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land