MADISON, Wis. - Money may be waiting for you, and you don't even know it.
Across the United States, there is roughly $58 billion in unclaimed money and property located in treasuries.
The funds come from forgotten bank accounts, stock holdings, pensions and life insurance payouts.
A Connecticut resident claimed nearly $33 million from an old stock sale.
Links to Wisconsin's treasury search website and national websites can be found below to look for funds.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say