MADISON, Wis. - Money may be waiting for you, and you don't even know it.
Across the United States, there is roughly $58 billion in unclaimed money and property located in treasuries.
The funds come from forgotten bank accounts, stock holdings, pensions and life insurance payouts.
A Connecticut resident claimed nearly $33 million from an old stock sale.
Links to Wisconsin's treasury search website and national websites can be found below to look for funds.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers