FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said an attempted robbery Sunday night has resulted in two teens being charged, and a search to start for two other teens.
The incident happened in the 4600 block of Crescent Road just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
According to police, four young men approached the victim and demanded money. Police said the victim refused and attempted to leave in his car. One of the teens threw a rock at the car, smashing out a window, according to police.
The victim was able to give a detailed description of the suspects. Police said an officer located two of the teens a few blocks away. One teen took off before an officer caught him, according to police. All four teens were were identified.
Fitchburg police said two teens are being held at the Juvenile Receiving Center. The 16-year-old who fled from police is being held on charges of attempted robbery and obstructing an officer, according to police. Police said a second 16-year-old was held on the charge of party to the crime of attempted robbery.
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline