FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police said an attempted robbery Sunday night has resulted in two teens being charged, and a search to start for two other teens.
The incident happened in the 4600 block of Crescent Road just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
According to police, four young men approached the victim and demanded money. Police said the victim refused and attempted to leave in his car. One of the teens threw a rock at the car, smashing out a window, according to police.
The victim was able to give a detailed description of the suspects. Police said an officer located two of the teens a few blocks away. One teen took off before an officer caught him, according to police. All four teens were were identified.
Fitchburg police said two teens are being held at the Juvenile Receiving Center. The 16-year-old who fled from police is being held on charges of attempted robbery and obstructing an officer, according to police. Police said a second 16-year-old was held on the charge of party to the crime of attempted robbery.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral