MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department and Scuba Team members removed two people from the ice on Lake Waubesa after they were injured when their snowmobile tipped over.
Scuba Team members drove the ARGO vehicle on the ice at 5:10 p.m. Wednesday to the snowmobilers' location, where they assisted firefighters with patient care and immobilization.
Fire officials said the snowmobile did not go through the ice on the lake. The two people were traveling on the ice when their snowmobile tipped over.
The snowmobilers were transported to St. Mary's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
The incident occurred about 300 yards from shore.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash