MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department and Scuba Team members removed two people from the ice on Lake Waubesa after they were injured when their snowmobile tipped over.
Scuba Team members drove the ARGO vehicle on the ice at 5:10 p.m. Wednesday to the snowmobilers' location, where they assisted firefighters with patient care and immobilization.
Fire officials said the snowmobile did not go through the ice on the lake. The two people were traveling on the ice when their snowmobile tipped over.
The snowmobilers were transported to St. Mary's Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to a Madison Fire Department news release.
The incident occurred about 300 yards from shore.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash