MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison police officers are recovering after a minor crash Thursday afternoon.
The crash happened during rush hour on Gammon Road near the Beltline and caused traffic delays.
Madison police said the officers were transporting a retail theft suspect to jail when one squad car rear ended the other.
Police said when one officer stopped quickly in heavy traffic the second squad car rear-ended the first car at slow speed.
The officers and the suspect were treated and released for minor neck and back pain, according to police.
Madison police said they are investigating.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike