MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison police officers are recovering after a minor crash Thursday afternoon.
The crash happened during rush hour on Gammon Road near the Beltline and caused traffic delays.
Madison police said the officers were transporting a retail theft suspect to jail when one squad car rear ended the other.
Police said when one officer stopped quickly in heavy traffic the second squad car rear-ended the first car at slow speed.
The officers and the suspect were treated and released for minor neck and back pain, according to police.
Madison police said they are investigating.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed