MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison police officers are recovering after a minor crash Thursday afternoon.
The crash happened during rush hour on Gammon Road near the Beltline and caused traffic delays.
Madison police said the officers were transporting a retail theft suspect to jail when one squad car rear ended the other.
Police said when one officer stopped quickly in heavy traffic the second squad car rear-ended the first car at slow speed.
The officers and the suspect were treated and released for minor neck and back pain, according to police.
Madison police said they are investigating.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern