MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison police officers are recovering after a minor crash Thursday afternoon.
The crash happened during rush hour on Gammon Road near the Beltline and caused traffic delays.
Madison police said the officers were transporting a retail theft suspect to jail when one squad car rear ended the other.
Police said when one officer stopped quickly in heavy traffic the second squad car rear-ended the first car at slow speed.
The officers and the suspect were treated and released for minor neck and back pain, according to police.
Madison police said they are investigating.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral